Friday, July 23, 2010

The Perfect Weather

In the Pacific Northwest we waited a long time for summer this year! But after a few false starts, perfect weather came along. With daytime highs in the 80's and nighttime temperatures in the low 60's--we start off each day refreshed and ready to face whatever the day brings.

In the same way, those who believe in the Lord start off each day refreshed from restful sleep:

"I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for you alone, O LORD,
make me dwell in safety."
~Psalm 4:8

"You will keep in perfect peace
him whose mind is steadfast,
because he trusts in You."
~Isaiah 26:3

And they look forward to a good day, filled with God's love and compassions which are fresh every morning.

"Because of the LORD's great love,
we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
therefore, I will wait for him."
~Lamentations 3:22-24

Have you become a follower of the Lord yet? Do you believe in Him? If not, read the Bible--Old and New Testaments--and make your peace with this loving God.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment