Thursday, July 22, 2010

Children's Children Are the Crown of Old Men

I gotta write fast--our six-year-old grandson is having a sleepover with us! At the crack of dawn, I could hear him whistling in the next room. That was just before the beanie baby toss that got me up. In Luke's defense, it was garbage day and he was, in turn, awakened by the trucks.

While I'm blogging, he has grandpa helping him find objects in the I Spy book. Next they're going out to weed grandpa's garden so Luke can earn money for another Bak-u-gan (what next?). Following that, the plan is for me to help him make a felt worm. We've sorted through my own grandmother's button box in search of the perfect eyes . . . and are hoping to find the perfect treasure--sequins! (No self-respecting worm would go out without sequins!)

There's never a dull moment, never an unplanned minute. And we love it! In our far-too-quiet world, it takes a little person to shake things up. Well, gotta go . . . but let me leave you with two thoughts:

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD,
children, a reward from him."
~Psalm 127:3

"Children's children are a crown to the aged . . ."
~Proverbs 17:6

Have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment