Saturday, May 1, 2010

Our Gifts and How We Use Them

Scripture tell us that every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. Since we know Scripture to be true, the question is this: Do we use those good and perfect gifts for our own glory or for His? 

Our answer ought to be: We use His gifts for His glory. As children of the Father of heavenly lights, we are to reflect His light before men in order that they may see our good deeds and praise our Father in heaven. 

Are you doing that? Ask yourself:


What are my good and perfect gifts (talents)? 
Do I use them for God's glory or my own?
Have I received talents I've not yet explored? 
Have I been given opportunities I've not yet pursued?

Remember the song we sang as children:

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine,
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Hide it under a bushel . . . no!
I'm gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel . . . no!
I'm gonna let it shine,
let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.

Life is a vapor: we can't claim tomorrow. Therefore, if we want to make our lives count for eternity, we must remember to use the gifts God gives us today and let our lights shine brightly!

No comments:

Post a Comment