Saturday, November 14, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 81:7

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”

Psalm 81:7 “In your distress you called and I rescued you, I answered you out of a thundercloud; I tested you at the waters of Meribah.  Selah.”

Meditation


So, has all this waiting, Father, been my “testing at the waters of Meribah”?  If so, how did I do?

Have I been like the Israelite, freed from slavery and yet griping because I had no water or fresh vegetables?  Have I forgotten so soon how you freed my soul and are in the process of leading me to the Promised Land?  Have I been grousing because I had a little itch that you hadn’t scratched yet?

Or have I been like Moses, who struck the rock twice in a pique of anger?  Disobeying your clear instructions, he diminished your holiness in the eyes of the people. 

Oh, God, I fear I have been like them all.  I don’t deserve to go into the Promised Land.

“I know.  But Jesus paid for that, my daughter.  Come on Home.”

SELAH

Look up: Numbers 20:1-13

No comments:

Post a Comment