Monday, November 9, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 76:1-3

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”   


Psalm 76:1-3 “In Judah God is known; his name is great in Israel.  His tent is in Salem, his dwelling place in Zion.  There he broke the flashing arrows, the shields and the swords, the weapons of war.  Selah.”

Meditation


I confess.  When I came to this pearl, I hit a wall.  What did it mean . . . to me?  What personal application could I make? For several days I stewed over it.  Then I came upon Psalm 125:1 which says, “Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever.” (NKJV)

That means . . . when I trust in the LORD, I am like Mount Zion, God’s dwelling place.  He dwells in me.  Think about it!
               No flashing arrows or shields,  
               no swords or weapons of war, 
               not even fiery darts can get through.
      I am assured of victory!

And so is everyone who trusts in him.  Turns out this pearl means a great deal to me.

SELAH


Look up: Psalm 27: 4; 55:22; 66:9; Proverbs 3:5-6; Isaiah 26:3


No comments:

Post a Comment