Monday, October 19, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 57:3

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”


Psalm 57:3 “He sends from Heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me. Selah.”


Meditation



They’re not just chasing me—they are in hot pursuit! My adrenalin is kicking in: I’m “running” faster than I ever thought I could, but my heart is racing, too. I hear myself screaming and realize I’m terrified.


“Help!”


God sends help. It may be the State Policeman just ahead. It may be a passing motorist who calls 9-1-1 on his cell phone. It may be a friend who drops by unexpectedly. It may be words of comfort found in the Bible, or in a book of poetry.


Whatever agent God may use, he sends help for his children. And while he is in the process of saving us, he may be rebuking those who are giving us a bad time. Be sure their sins will find them out! Whether they are physical or spiritual enemies, they are no match for our protector and defender, our ever-present help in trouble.


SELAH


Look up: Ephesians 6:12; Numbers 32:23; Psalm 46:1


No comments:

Post a Comment