Monday, August 16, 2010

Eighteen Days and Counting

On September 4, 2009, I committed to blogging everyday for one year--everyday except Sundays. I honestly didn't know how I'd fill the posts, but day-by-day, God has given me material to share with you.

Day-by-day. That seems to be the key to life, doesn't it. God provides for us day by day, just like he provided manna on a daily basis for the children of Israel on their trek through the desert.

Yet we look ahead at the complexities of life and wonder how things will all pan out. We stress and strive and connive and manipulate--usually to no avail.


And God sits back and shakes His head. "Relax. I told you to trust in Me with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. I told you to acknowledge Me in all your ways and I would direct your paths. Didn't I tell you that?" Yes He did, and, as one who has walked with Him for more than 35 years now, I can tell you that He is faithful to do all that He says.

This year of blogging has been great discipline for me. Only three weeks remain. I want to thank you for your comments both on the blog and on Facebook. They have been a source of encouragement to me to press on and, in so doing, I've had the blessing of looking to our faithful God for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment