Monday, May 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today marks my mother's 87th birthday, the last three of which she's spent in heavenly company! But those of us who remain earth-locked miss her.

Mom was one of the great ones, and I don't say that lightly or take it for granted. As I've counseled with women (many hundreds of them over the years), I realize that not everyone had the privilege of being mentored by a good women who loved her family above everything else on earth.

She was there with the listening ear and plate of cookies everyday after school.
She was there with the word of encouragement when I felt glum.
She was there to cheer me on when I was riding high.
She was there . . . always there.

And now she's not.

I thank God for the hope He gives us that there will be a blessed reunion in heaven, IN HIS PRESENCE, for those who belong to Him. What a glorious day that will be!


"Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant 
about those who fall asleep, 
or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.
We believe that Jesus died and rose again
and so we believe that God will bring
with Jesus
those who have fallen asleep in him."
~ I Thessalonians 4:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment