Thursday, March 18, 2010

Growing More Like Christ

My eyes were opened to the truth of God's Word thirty five years ago this month. Life hasn't been the same since. More and more as the years go by, I cherish the Holy Scriptures. More and more they guide my decision making.

It's not that there's a verse for every situation but there are principles that help keep me walking on "paths of righteousness." It's been a learning process, line upon line, precept upon precept.

Scripture reading. Prayer. Bible studies. Scripture memorization. Silent retreats. Morning (or evening or anytime) devotions. Hymns. Journaling. Church attendance. Conferences. All of these and more have built my faith and molded my character, conforming it to the image of Christ.

I have a long way to go! But I'm on the right path. What has helped you to grow more like Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment