Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 143:6



Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.” 

Psalm 143:6 “I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.  Selah.”

Meditation


How fitting that this last pearl focuses on a personal relationship with you, my Father.  In the final analysis, that’s what life is all about, a time to be born and a time to die . . . and a time to be born again, and live forever—with you.

Without regular drinks from your streams of living water, your children dry up like parched land.  My soul turns arid to the point where nothing will grow.  So fill my cup, Lord, from your springs.

I spread out my hands to you, palms up, to receive your love, your goodwill, your blessing, your help. My need for you is everlasting.

I raise my hands to you, palms out, lifting them in joyful adoration.  You are worthy of the purest praise I can offer.  My soul thirsts for you and my heart hungers for heaven.

SELAH

Look up: John 4:14; Ecclesiastes 3:2; John 3:16; Psalm 42:1; Matthew 5:6


 
















No comments:

Post a Comment