Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A New Thing!

Are you, like me, wishing there were more Selah passages in Psalms? What a gift God gave us when He instructed us to pause, chill, take a moment, and think about the blessings we found there. The good news is we can always go back and think on those things again and again.

But for now, let's try a new thing!

When I was wondering what to write about once the Selah passages were completed, my friend Gail suggested we consider the promises found in the Bible. In The Jesus Person Pocket Promise Book,
David Wilkerson lists 800 promises from the Word of God. That ought to keep us busy for awhile!

These 800 promises deal with spiritual needs, personal needs and future needs. I don't know yet whether we'll go through them in order or mix them up.

But what I do know is that I want to hear from you. We will all gain so much more if we interact, all of us with each other. Sound good?

So for today, I'll leave you with an assignment. Ask God to fill you with a desire to know what He has promised. Tomorrow we'll come together and discuss the one He leads me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment