Monday, November 30, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 89:3-4

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”   

Psalm 89:3-4 “You said, ‘I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant, I will establish your line forever and make your throne firm through all generations.’ Selah.”

Meditation


God is a promise keeper. 

He kept his promise to King David through the birth of baby Jesus, the son of Mary of the house of David. 

Though Jesus’ kingdom was not of this earth, he does reign in the hearts of those who believe in him. And when his kingdom does come, his will shall be done on earth as it is in heaven.  Jesus’ throne is firm through all generations.    

God also promised that anyone who believes in Jesus will have eternal life and will reign with him.  I don’t know what God will have me doing, but I do know I’ll be reigning with Jesus . . . the Promised One  . . . King of Kings . . . Lord of Lords . . . my Brother. 

God is a promise keeper.

SELAH

Look up: Matthew 6:10; John 3:16; II Corinthians 1:20; Romans 8:29; I Thessalonians 5:24; Revelation 22:5


No comments:

Post a Comment