Friday, November 20, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 85:1-2

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”   


Psalm 85:1, 2   “You showed favor to your land, O LORD; you restored the fortunes of Jacob.  You forgave the iniquity of your people and covered all their sins.  Selah.”

Meditation


His land and his people!  There seems to be no end to the favor God extends toward those whom he has chosen.  That gives me reason to celebrate!  As one of his chosen, I have already been a recipient of his grace—many times.

I’ve watched an amber sun dive into the Pacific Ocean at night knowing full-well that it would surface in the morning, all fresh and pink, over Mount Hood in the East. God gives me peace.

I’ve loved my children and watched them grow, loved them enough to let them go and form families of their own. God gives me wisdom.

I’ve giggled with my grandchildren, Thomas, Sam, Luke, and Vivienne, over countless silly things. God gives me joy.

I’m growing old with my husband and am recognizing Jesus in his gentle ways. God gives me love.

I’ve buried family and have grieved, yet not as those who have no hope, for I believe I will see them again.  God gives me patience.
SELAH


Look up: Romans 8:28-29; Acts 16:31; John 6:37; 
Galatians 5:22-23; I Thessalonians 4:13-17

No comments:

Post a Comment