Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 84:4

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”   



Psalm 84:4 “Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you.  Selah.”

Meditation


I want to live in God’s house.  I want to praise him forever.  I’ll take those blessings!

What could be sweeter than hearing the Word from the lips of its Author?  What could thrill more than standing beside my Savior singing praises to our Father? 

I want to learn to speak the heavenly language and form friendships with the angels.  I try to imagine meeting the patriarchs and laughing with them.

In heaven I’ll rejoice when I see aborted children alive and well—and when I recognize my loved ones and do some “catching up.”

In heaven I’ll learn to navigate the heavens,
            experience the reality of equality in Jesus
                        enjoy God’s eternal and unbroken presence.

All of these blessings and more . . . so much more!

SELAH

Look up: Psalm 23:6; Revelation 22:3; I Corinthians 13:1;
II Samuel 12:19-23; Galatians 3:28

No comments:

Post a Comment