Friday, August 6, 2010

Oh, How I Love Jesus

I'm off at the Oregon Christian Writers conference and thought I'd bless you this week with memories of hymns we used to sing in church.

Oh, How I Love Jesus

There is a name I love to hear, I love to sing its worth;
It sounds like music in mind ear, the sweetest name on earth.

Chorus:
Oh, how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus,
Oh, how I love Jesus, Because He first loved me.

It tells me of a Savior's love, Who died to set me free;
It tells me of His precious blood, the sinner's perfect plea.

It tells me what my Father hath in store for every day,
And tho' I tread a darksome path, Yields sunshine all the way.

It tells of One whose loving heart can feel my deepest woe,
Who in each sorrow bears a part that none can bear below.


"Salvation is found in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." - Acts 4:12

No comments:

Post a Comment