Thursday, April 22, 2010

On Measuring Up!

My husband always drags me along when it's time to take our cars to DEQ. He says I'm his "good luck charm" because, whenever I'm along, he passes on the first try! Whatever! LOL.

Still it's a good feeling when we get a passing grade at something we need to accomplish. It validates our struggles to measure up to the required standard.

How grateful I am that God never required me to "measure up" to His standard of holy perfection. Nope! And He doesn't require that of anyone else. Scripture tells us that:

"God demonstrates his own love for us in this:
While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
~Romans 5:8

He took me and He'll take you right where you are. You don't have to measure up--because you can't. That's not the way it is. God accepts anyone with a repentant heart, anyone who recognizes he's ungodly and wants to change, anyone who invites Jesus into his heart. That's the beauty and the amazing grace of salvation.

"Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
was blind, but now I see."
~John Newton

Remember this whenever you feel you aren't good enough to get to heaven. Of course, you aren't! But it doesn't depend on you. It depends on who you know. And if you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, heaven's gates will open wide for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment