Monday, March 22, 2010

When Your Heart Is Overwhelmed

Saturday I decided that no matter what happened, I would rejoice in the days the LORD has made. Right?

And then, on Sunday, Congress passed a health care bill that includes public funding of abortion. ARGH! My resolve is being tested.

But I remember a chorus we used to sing in church back in the Seventies.

"Hear my cry, O God,
attend unto my prayer.
From the ends of the earth
will I call unto Thee.
When my heart is overwhelmed,
lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."

"God, my heart is overwhelmed at the state of our nation. And rightly so. 
Yet, I can rejoice in the fact that You made this day, and every day.
You made the earth and you keep it spinning, day after day after day. 
You made man out of dust and keep watch over all his doings.
You hold the hearts of kings (and presidents) in your hands
and direct them like a watercourse wherever you please.
And when we have returned to dust, 
you will hold Court in the heavenly realm,
and you will judge the deeds of men.
All will be made right!
In this I can rejoice on this day which You have made!"

Dear readers, please join me in rejoicing on this day the Lord has made!

2 comments:

  1. This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice in it and be glad. Thanks for the reminder. I have a heavy heart today. So need to put things into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you, Linda! I sure do. But we can't lose heart or allow anything to rob us of our joy in Christ. Truth will prevail!

    ReplyDelete