Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Favorite Verse for Writers

I hadn't been saved long when I ran across a verse that blessed me as a writer. 

"My tongue is the pen of a ready writer."
~Psalm 145:1

I'll tell you why it meant so much to me. I used to worry that I'd run out of ideas, that my finite world would close in on me leaving me with little to write about. This verse opened the universe to me. All I needed to do was be "ready," i.e., in touch with the Living God--prayed up, confessed up, reading the Word, and walking in the Spirit. Then I could tap into His infinite world. He would give me the words to say. His tongue would be my pen.

This is not to say that I can blame poor writing on Him. It is to say that He will freely give godly thoughts to His children who ask Him for them.

Here's another favorite verse for writers and I wish it for all of you who are His scribes.


"May our Lord Jesus Christ himself
and God our Father,
who loved us 
and by his grace 
gave us eternal encouragement and good hope,
encourage your hearts and
strengthen you in every good deed and word."
~ II Thessalonians 2:16-17

May you experience His blessing today.

No comments:

Post a Comment