Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Promise of Peace (continued)

We've been talking about peace--how to get it, how to keep it.

In today's devotional in My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers says this:

     "When you really see Jesus, I defy you to doubt Him. When He says--'Let not your heart be troubled,' if you see Him I defy you to trouble your mind, it is a moral impossibility to doubt when He is there. Every time you get into personal contact with Jesus, His words are real. 'My peace I give unto you,' it is a peace all over from the crown of the head to the sole of the feet, an irrepressible confidence. 'Your life is hid with Christ in God,' and the imperturbable peace of Jesus Christ is imparted to you."

So, let not your heart be troubled on this Christmas Eve. Nothing can separate you from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus. Furthermore, He has promised NEVER to leave you, nor forsake you.


Merry Christmas and may God richly bless you!

No comments:

Post a Comment