Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 32:5

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”


Psalm 32:5 “Then I acknowledged my sin to you, and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, I will confess my transgressions to the LORD, and you forgave the guilt of my sin. Selah.”


Meditation:


As simple as that. I gave in and admitted my guilt. I confessed my sins to you, LORD, and you forgave me.


Why do we make it so difficult? All the grinding and whining and gnashing and writhing . . . worthless activities that keep us from doing the one thing, the only thing, that will bring us the peace we seek.


Not only that, but when we confess our sins, God cleanses us from all unrighteousness. We become as pure as the driven snow, clean as the day we received Christ in the first place. What is better than that? Restored to wholeness. Forgiven. Set free.


SELAH


Look up: Psalm 51:1-17; Isaiah 1:18; 1 John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment