Monday, September 28, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 24:8-10

Positioned gracefully across the Book of Psalms is a string of seventy-one pearls, lovely beads of wisdom followed by the admonition SELAH which means, “Pause, think on these things, meditate.”


Psalm 24:8-10 “Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty—he is the King of glory. Selah.”


Meditation:


Here comes the King of glory, the mighty warrior. Wake up, gates! Open up, doors! And the King of glory will come in . . . the LORD Almighty.


Imagine some Keeper of the Gates and Doors saying, “No. I don’t want to get off my bed and open the doors. I don’t want to leave my dinner, my work, my plans just to let the King in. I’m busy. I’ll think about receiving him later.”


What do you suppose would be the end of that man?


In Revelation 3:22 we are told that God, the King of glory, is knocking at the door of each heart, promising to come in and fellowship with whoever opens the door. Imagine saying “No. I’ll think about receiving him later.”


What do you suppose might be the end of that person?


But say, “Yes! Yes! My LORD, my King, My God. Come in!”


SELAH


Look up: Psalm 100:1-5; 103:8-9; Matthew 22:2-14; Revelation 19:9

No comments:

Post a Comment