Thursday, September 17, 2009

A String of Selah Pearls - Psalm 3:2

Psalm 3:2 “Many are saying of me, ‘God will not deliver him.’ Selah.”


Meditation:

“She’s a fool to trust in God. He’s not going to help her.” So say cynics about those who put their faith in you, God. What do they know anyway? Were they there when you lifted me out of the pit I had dug for myself? Were they there all the while you were mending my cuts and bruises, kissing my hurts, whispering words of encouragement and comfort? Were they there when you offered me the opportunity to be your daughter, when you called me, “My child”?


Were they there when you opened my tightly-closed heart,

poured in the loving blood of Jesus,

and taught me to sing his praises?



I will trust you to help me whatever comes my way.

Still I can't help but wonder . . . .


Who am I

that you are mindful of me

that Christ stretched out his arms

and he died for me?

What have I done to deserve

the grace that you pour out

unreservedly?


Is there the chance you will one day discover

that I don’t measure up

that I’m a born loser

and deserve to be left in the midst of my sin

cast into darkness

alone again?


“Never! No, never! O daughter of Mine.

A princess you are . . . redeemed and refined.

The gates of my Heavens are open for you;

My Spirit will guide you safely through.

Come softly now. No more despair.

Let joy abound. I wait you here.”


Look up: Psalm 40:1-3; Psalm 89:1; Psalm 8:4; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 8:38-39


No comments:

Post a Comment