Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where Do Blog Ideas Come From? (Or, From Whence Come Blog Ideas?)

As a writer, life changed when I became a Christian in 1975. The old joys and pleasures seemed empty and were quickly cast aside. Even my writing took on new dimensions and parameters. I would only write those things which brought glory to God. But since I knew so little about Him in those days, I worried about what I'd say.

That's when I "chanced" upon Psalm 45:1. "My tongue is the pen of a ready writer" (KJV). I didn't need to worry about running out of content. I just needed to be "ready"--confessed up, prayed up, sitting at His feet--and He would speak through my pen.

Yesterday I momentarily forgot that and felt fresh out of ideas for today's blog. Couldn't think of a thing to write about. I mentioned that on Facebook and was rewarded with several ideas I'll be using in the days ahead as my one-year experiment with blogging draws to a close.

Michelle suggested I share what I'd learned in this discipline of daily blogging. It's this: the Christian writer who sits at God's feet need never run out of ideas. You may forget that every now and again, but it's a truth you can count on!

No comments:

Post a Comment