Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On Blogging

On September 5, 2009, I committed to blogging every day (except Sundays) for one year. If others could do it--think Julie and Julia--I should be able to do it, too. It would be good discipline and, perhaps, I might say something that would bless someone . . . out there.

Well, it has been good discipline. By September 4, 2010, I will have forced myself to put BIC (a technical writing term meaning "butt in chair" LOL) for 313 days. During that time, I've made many new friends and have been blessed beyond measure by your comments.

Most of all, I've been blessed by thoughts and insights which I believe originated with God, for He says "My tongue is the pen of a ready writer" (Psalm 45:1). I try to come to the desktop each day a ready writer: prayed up, confessed up, BIC, and listening for Him to speak. Anything good that has shown up on this blog is a gift from God. The not-so-good stuff? I alone take credit for that.

Thank you for being there. As we round the corner and head toward home, I look forward to hearing from you more than ever. God bless you, dear reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment