Friday, May 14, 2010

When We're Too Old (Or Too Young) to Learn

Ever known people who felt they knew it all--they had nothing to learn? How tragic! Their world must be miniscule and their imagination stunted.

There's a big world out there! And God told us to have dominion over it!

Years ago I taught a kindergarten class and was excited about all the wonderful things I could teach these malleable minds. One morning we were discussing frogs in science class. Now what's more interesting than frogs to kindergarten children? Yet, from the back of the room came Mark's unmistakable voice. "B-O-R-I-N-G!"

I sometimes wonder what became of young Mark and if he, as an adult, still believes he has nothing to learn. As for me, the more I learn, the more I realize how little I know. Have you found this to be true?

"Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law."
~Psalm 119:18

No comments:

Post a Comment