- After the Fall, Adam and Eve covered themselves with fig leaves but God made tunics of skin and clothed them, for "Without shedding of blood, there is no remission [of sin]" (Hebrews 9:22).
- Cain sacrificed the fruit of his own efforts to God rather than offering the firstborn sheep of his flock (a picture of the Lamb of God who would be sacrificed for our sins). "And the LORD respected Abel and his offering, but He did not respect Cain and his offering" (Genesis 4:4-5).
Well good! It's good they fear that because:
- It's the first step toward gaining a proper relationship with God--recognizing that "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
- The second step is realizing that "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
- Step three is learning that "the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23).