Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Going Back to the Cross

Many a criminal has been caught because he couldn't stay away from the scene of his crime. On the other hand, those of us who have been freed from our crimes do well to return to the scene of our delivery--the blessed cross of Jesus the Christ who stretched His arms over a dying world and interceded for us before the Father. 

"Father, forgive them,
for they do not know what they are doing."
~ Luke 23:34

On this side of forgiveness, I see how true it is. I did not know what I was doing when I denied the Lord, when I derided others for needing the "crutch" of faith. I did not know what I was doing when I refused the lifeline that He extended over and over in the swirling waters of unbelief.

I do know that I will be forever and eternally grateful that He persisted until I was too weak to resist His saving Hand of grace. He is my GOD and I weep at the foot of His cross this Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment