Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Promise of Good Directions

Mapquest has its place! I love typing in a couple of addresses and getting step-by-step directions . . . and even the expected drive time to get to my destination. What could be better than that?

Nothing--as long as life doesn't get in the way. What if I run into roadblocks or traffic congestion or, worse, what if I run out of gas? Will Mapquest help me out of a jam?

But consider this. God will direct my path from start to finish allowing for any and all contingencies.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths."
~Proverbs 3:5-6 NKJV

No matter what roadblocks I encounter along the way, no matter what surprises lie ahead, the all-knowing LORD is not taken by surprise. 

He knows my name. 
He knows the path I take. 
He will be with me through wind and rain, 
fire and ice, 
flood and earthquake. 

He knows the circumstances I'll face 
and He can handle them. 
Not only that,
but He can direct my path 
around difficulty, 
through difficulty, 
or completely away from difficulty. 

Do I trust Him to choose the way? You bet I do. Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment