In Scripture, God provided for His people over and over. Whether it was:
- providing the ram in the thicket for Abraham to slay instead of Isaac,
- providing manna in the wilderness, or water from the rock for the Israelites,
- providing signs for Gideon, or strength for Samson,
- providing food and rest for Elijah,
- providing oil for Elisha.
The best provision of all, however, was the gift of His Son, our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. God required of Himself what He did not require of Abraham--He slew His beloved Son, the unblemished Lamb of God, so that all who believe on Jesus might be redeemed.
Our God shall supply all our needs according to His riches in glory!