Friday, January 15, 2010

The Promise of His Friendship

We love friendships that are tried and true, don't we? I am blessed to have several friendships that began in childhood and have remained strong over decades and seasons of life.

Proverbs 17:17 says that a friend loves at all times. ALL times?

Our earthly friendships, no matter how solid, often have their ups and downs, sometimes even disintegrating over this or that. But there is a friend that sticks closer even than a brother! Think of it--the relationship with that friend is stronger even than those bound with family ties!

Who might that friend be who sticks closer than a brother? That friend who will never leave us or forsake us?

Jesus said this to His followers:
"Greater love has no one than this,
that one lay down his life for his friends.
You are my friends if you do what I command.
I no longer call you servants,
because a servant does not know his master's business.
Instead, I have called you friends,
for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."
~John 15:13-15

What a friend we have in Jesus! A true friend who laid down His life for us and promises never to leave us or forsake us. Have you told Him lately how much you love Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment