Monday, December 14, 2009

THE Promise - Genesis 3:15

Time to move on to a new promise--the best promise of all!

It took place in the Garden of Eden after the Fall. When God saw man's hopeless condition, he promised to send help, with a capital H. To the serpent, he said:

And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel.

And so it came to pass that God sent our Savior, the one who would crush our enemy's head.

What has this promise meant to you over the years?

1 comment:

  1. I'll start.

    When I was a child, I loved Jesus but didn't know what to do with that love. I strayed far away and didn't return to him until after I'd suffered tragic loss. Nothing on earth could ease my pain.

    One day I heard that I needed Jesus...that he was the fulfillment of God's promise to make things right in the world. In desperation, I grasped onto Christ and my soul has been at peace--even when life's circumstances have been less than peaceful.

    I will be forever grateful that God gave me ears to hear the Good News that Jesus, the eternal Son of God, came to earth as a baby and died as a man to save a wretch like me.

    ReplyDelete